10-10-2017, 04:15 PM   #124
M_Three
Private
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Yes with your $3900 warranty.
I was just pointing out that the part is actually not that expensive and many jobs are fairly easy to DIY, it's the labor that kills you. Basically I'm just saying that contrary to what some are saying that they would never own a bmw without warranty. I'm just saying if you are handy for small things and use knowledgeable independent shops, they actually aren't that bad. My car has been out of warranty for over 5 years, I've driven it over 50k miles and haven't spent close to $3900 and that include me doing rob bearings, both TAs and other small misc stuff.
Yeah man.. I understand.. In my case, and being in the auto industry, I have many resources when it comes to fixing my car. The reason I use the dealer is because I get a loaner car and it's warrantee. But that said. I don't think I have the time to do any DIY stuff these days. Nor do I have the desire to do any. I guess spending 20 years as a tech kinda burned me out.

I don't consider driving 50K in 5 years any serious mileage. I will put on 30,000 in a year. Its no wonder not much has gone wrong with your car.
Appreciate 0