View Single Post
      10-04-2017, 01:55 PM   #111
Iyzmi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT ESS625

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipper228 View Post
Everything I'm saying is based off my research. Have you priced Camry warranties? All things equal, premiums are significantly lower because, as you state, the anticipated repairs are lower. All I'm saying is logic should tell you that the warranty co's can't stay in business if they don't come out ahead over the life of the majority of policies. Among policy holders, you'll have a few winners and a lot of losers. If a model like an M3 requires more expensive repairs, they will price the policy for those vehicles accordingly higher or just not cover them.
I have helped multiple friends and family research warranties on "regular cars" and they are usually overpriced, in fact I have never recommended pulling the trigger. The premiums I have seen are surprisingly NOT significantly lower than what I paid for my M3 coverage. I have also seen an extraordinary range of prices for the same level of coverage on the M3. Carmax and credit union backed warranties are typically a much better proposition than anything else I've found (by a long shot). Just about everyone I've talked to who owns a German luxury car outside of warranty has complained about at least one very expensive repair that would have been covered by an extended warranty. My own warranty has covered multiple times what I paid for it within the first year of ownership, though I am an extremely unlucky example/outlier.