View Single Post
      02-03-2019, 02:32 PM   #1
kangroay
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Decision making help please.

Hi guys,

I have posted a thread a few weeks ago regarding deciding between a new Golf R and a used E92 M3, and I finally decided to go with the M3.

There are few candidates I have.

1. 2013 M3 Lime Rock Edition with 36k miles on it, one owner, listed at $39,998. (Carmax)
The exterior looks fantastically impeccable. However, the interior has few problems. Even though there was only one owner, it doesn't seem like that person treated the car nice. The problems are: the start/stop button is peeled off over 50%, the rear sun blind is broke, noticeable scratches on the navigation screen, rear ashtray is broke, and most importantly, the seats are anthracite cloth/leather seats whereas I much prefer the 100% leather seats. I didn't even know there would have been basic cloth seat option for the limited edition.. oh and also, I think I prefer the regular leather steering wheel over the alcantara since it felt like a bit worn out.. One of my friends told me to just get it and get the things fixed because the car itself is worth it. However, I am trying to not spend any more budget on the car for the next few months and I am not sure if I am going to be 100% happy sitting in the cloth seats. But still, this would be my top choice.

2. 2011 M3 Jet Black (wrapped with the fire orange color) 41k miles, 2 owners, fully loaded, and listed at $32,500, local used dealership. It looked like the previous owner really wanted the Lime Rock edition. The car has the alcantara steering wheel as well and it's better condition than the one above. Also, the interior is much cleaner and the seats were red leather. I would've gone for this car if it were 2013 instead of 2011.

3. 2013 M3 Jerez Black, 17k miles on it, one owner, $42,998, also Carmax. So, this one is almost like new. I haven't seen this one because it's still being transferred to my local Carmax. According to the pictures, this one's interior is super clean like new and so is the exterior. But, honestly, it's little over my budget so I have to make a stretch to get this one.

Frankly, 2013 Alpine White with fully loaded would be ideal, but I don't have time to keep shopping for car. So, I really have to make a decision fairly soon and I am having hard time finalizing it. If the Lime Rock edition had the leather seats, I would've chosen it. However, I don't want to regret seating in that cloth seat everyday. The car is mainly for just commuting and it's only 5 miles one way. When I really get stressed out deciding on this, I just tell myself to get a Golf R for practicality and don't worry about anything. But since the e92 M3 has been my dream car for such a long time, I can't really easily give it up. Do you guys really think the Lime Rock edition is super super special car that is worth more than the regular M3's so I should just go for it for the resale later?

I look forward to getting your advice. Please pardon my poor writing!

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 1