View Single Post
      06-14-2019, 06:53 PM   #61
wfdeacon88
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythe17 View Post
I am so confused right now haha, seems like what I want with my m3 is impossible to get (almost every post about removing the Cats for track pipes is like "It's a bit louder but not really at idle-4k rpm"). I want the car to be louder from idle to 4k rpm but have a deep rumble and no high pitched noise, like at all... its a V8 it should be deep and should rumble. I've always been a small block Chevy guy but this thing is everything I want in a daily EXCEPT that I can't hear the damn thing below 4k rpm if the radio or air is on even with the roof and windows down (that's pretty depressing for an over 400hp V8 Sports car if you ask me) I didn't buy this thing because it was so amazingly... quiet? What do you guys think is the best option for that?
Ok when we say it's not louder at idle or under 4K, I think most mean, it's not like insanely louder in the car... idle has a nicer Rumble, that's more 'free'.. my idle RPM is 100-200 more than pre- cat delete for some reason, but it's also waayyy smoother. Not sure how that's related. If you give it throttle, even if it's under 4K, it's definitely louder, but if you wanted to ease it around town and not shatter windows, the setup definitely allows for that.
Appreciate 0