View Single Post
      11-08-2019, 06:05 AM   #6
ChiBimmer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i 6MT Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatth View Post
Honestly, you shouldn't take what will be our conflicting opinions. You should find a way to test drive both and see for yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibhusz06 View Post
I ended up with an E90 because yes its more versatile. The differences as to weight/handling are really negligible and not an issue. The one thing is, that E90s tend to be far fewer in selection and a bit pricier. You being in Chicago, I cant see you taking advantage of a convertible car as say someone in CA or FL
I agree that test drives are critical. I've driven 4 e90/2. I worry that 15 minutes in an E93 won't really tell me the story so I thought I'd reach out to owners.

I drive my S2000 top down as low 35 degrees as long as there is no salt. I store it from mid-December to March. If the heater in the E93 is as good as the S2000 I'd drive it too down on short trips above, I dunno, above 25 degrees as long as I'm not at highway speeds. I'm not some tough guy, far from it. I'll dress for weather a little colder than I otherwise would. I just find with a warm parka, gloves and a knit hat I'm good. I do put the windows up. Fall is my favorite time of year for driving.
Appreciate 0