Drives: 2008 BMW M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by m235boy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by petem View Post
Hey guys, can someone share some light on about how long a new battery replacement should last? I replaced the OEM battery at 65K miles on APR 2016. That’s 8 years of use since my e92 M3 is a ‘08 production.
I’ve driven 27K miles since then on the new replacement from an Indy, he installed an Interstate battery, registered and clear codes. They only warranty their batteries for one year.
I haven’t got any codes, but since a couple of days ago the comfort access is acting up, the clock resets to 00:00, and the doors unlock randomly while im driving. I experienced those things before the OEM battery went bad, so I assume this Interstate battery is coming close to die?
I just find it very odd it only lasted 32 months??
Thanks.
That sounds premature for battery to fail, do you keep it charged up on a battery tender? Try by having the battery tested I guess, and make sure the alternator is charging fine.
I put the battery on a charger/tender. Initially it read 50%. I left it overnight and it read 100% in the morning. Disconnected the charger, try to start the car and nothing..! Connected the charger again and it read 0%. Obviously the battery went bad. The manufacturer gave me a prorated warranty since it was 32 months from purchased. I've learnt they offered 24 month full replacement warranty. Anyways, once new battery was installed car cranked up quickly and all electronics are working like supposed to. So this new Interstate battery now reads in their label "30 months free replacement". That explains why my only lasted 32 months!!! Ha!
Appreciate 0