View Single Post
      08-01-2013, 09:39 PM   #1
WayneM3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90M5

Evolve supercharger after a few more months

It has been a while since I updated everyone on this so here I am a few months down the road. I have had a number of software updates along the way but I had one yesterday that truly changed the car. I never thought it was bad in any way before but this one made a HUGE difference in how the car feels. It just plain feels smoother in all conditions. Within just 2 miles of flashing the car I knew that this was a serious upgrade. This update didn't include the GTS DCT update (that is scheduled for tomorrow) but even the DCT feels different and smoother now (don't ask me why). I am glad that the updates were not done together because I would have guessed much of the change was due to the DCT update and not the engine software but I know for sure that isn't the case now.

I know many people with centrifugal s/c's says this but it has the same character of the S65 before but now with a lot more power. I only drove one other s/c E92 before and it was a MT a few years ago for just a few miles so I can't compare the 2 but this kit really is amazing. There is plenty of mid-range torque so it doesn't have to be revved all the way up in order to feel anything but when you do take it up to redline the power is just nuts. The quality of the components stuns people who see it. It is quiet with only a slight whine. The combination of the Evolve X-pipe and UUC/Corsa exhaust absolutely ROARS when you are behind the car but not bad at all from inside. Some car friends heard it this past weekend and said it doesn't sound at all like an S65 - they thought it sounded more like the Z06 that one of them was driving. During the recent heat wave in NYC I had no issues with elevated temperatures even while stuck in lots of slow traffic. My only issue was that I had to drive with the windows closed and use the a/c so I couldn't hear the exhaust as much as I like to. The mileage still sucks but it isn't like I didn't know that was going to be the case.

Hopefully soon I will be able to attend one of the local events and have people from the board see/try it so other people can understand how I feel about the kit. I also plan on getting to a dyno soon to get some real numbers.
Appreciate 0