09-24-2019, 10:14 PM   #45
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFCM3 View Post
I recently ordered a complete set of Stoptech BBK for my e90m3. I ordered them 5 weeks ago from a highly reputable company. In the 5 weeks i received NO communication about my order, not even a shipping notification. Rite when i hit 5 weeks the brakes showed up at my door. Now Stoptech is a HUGE company, AND they are located in the same state as me, yet they still managed to take 5 weeks with NO communication.

Did i freak out? no.
Did i trust the company to deliver? yes.
Did they deliver? yes.

i understand there is some anxiety associated with a foreign seller who is taking longer than anticipated with no good communication, but damn. If i was Slonik, i mite think twice before offering any new products to this community, which would be a shame since as stated before his products are top notch and innovative.

As i stated in another thread, i have ordered the previous 3 products he has offered, all of which took a long time to receive, but they arrived eventually and i wasn't mad. I was still happy that somebody even bothered to offer these parts to us way over here. But oh well, keep making more threads about how you waiting too long for something that was offered AT A DISCOUNT... there is an old saying, you get what you pay for. Maybe if you had paid full price you would have received your parts earlier separate from the GroupBuy, i mean you wanted a discount, something has to give. In this case is was production time!
Yeah I see where you're coming from, but unfortunately when the supplier (slonik) had indicated 3-4 weeks then after 8 weeks no communication you can see why some guys were getting anxious

This wouldn't have escalated to where it is now if he'd had spent 5 mins to respond to his thread with an update.

Custom parts take time, and unfortunately things dont always go to plan.
Appreciate 0