View Single Post
      10-04-2019, 02:06 PM   #36
M_Chronos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaver View Post
I change the stiffness all the time depending on what I'm doing, you can cut very small holes in the rear liner to adjust the rears. Fronts put the wheel at full lock and then reach your arm around the tire underneath. 2 clicks from full stiff on the track, fast road driving feels good anywhere 5-10, if I'm going on a road trip with the wife etc. I set it at 15 clicks from stiff which is very comfortable.
I think if you simply just went with the above advice you'd be happy.

If you want to take another approach, start with the shocks all the way open (full counter clockwise). This will give you a starting point with full comfort and compliance. Get some driving in and begin adding force by closing the valving (clockwise) until the chassis is reacting the way you want and laziness / wallowiness has been dialed out to your liking. Adjust all four corners the same and at the same time, e.g. 10 clicks out from full stiff all 4 corners. From there adjust the opposite end of the car to dial out unwanted handling traits: Understeering, take a click or two out of (soften) the rear. Oversteering, do that to the front. And take notes along the way.
Appreciate 1
Montaver2210.50