PACarGuy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 DCT ZCP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdemon View Post
So the Carplay box should show up as "GPLink" - it's weird that you're getting the Wifi ID in there also.

Do you have another device called GPLink? If you edit that device does it modify the settings properly?

If modifying GPLink doesn't work, then maybe try forgetting the device and re-pairing?

I had an issue when I tried switching to Airplay for streaming - the device didn't like switching back to Carplay after that. I think the issue stems from the device broadcasting two SSID's depending on what mode it wants to be in and the phone has trouble deciding which one is the primary.
Ah, there we go. Thank you! I didn't realize GPLink was the permanent name of the Carplay device since it would show the other SSID as well at the bottom, and I could never click on it. But now that you've confirmed the correct device name, I can go in and customize GPLink as with all others.

Had to clear a few codes after finishing up, but all working well now, including USB (the cable had detached itself from the box in the back after I reinstalled the head unit...damn it's tight back there!). The audio quality is better than the Kremersino v1 as well, and the splice into the OEM mic works much better than the aftermarket mic that Kremersino unit used. Definitely a better unit!

Last edited by PACarGuy; 01-11-2021 at 11:07 AM..
Appreciate 0