View Single Post
      08-11-2021, 12:33 PM   #4
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 414bhp View Post
Yes! I incredibly interested in the Caddy CT5-V Blackwing! I've got a CTS-V wagon (6-speed) that I love to pieces, but sometimes it feels a bit heavy, lumbering and flexy. I'm thinking that the Blackwing would give me a similar rush but with a much better composed chassis. On the other hand, the CTS-V is a thoroughly analog experience, and it has amazing hydraulic steering which is on par with the 997 Porsches. So I'd be reluctant to give that up!

Nice read, and great ride to have in the stable. For all it's flaws I think that wagon is going to keep a tremendous value. I felt similar when I drove a friends CTS-V (though his was an auto/sedan) that it felt much bigger and the auto made the whole thing feel softer and sluggish than I'd expect. I also didn't think I could live with the tech on a daily basis anymore.

The new Caddy seems like it's fixed a lot of those problems at a bargain price compared to the current M5. Just hope they don't pull it out of production in 2 years for weak sales.