02-16-2008, 08:23 PM   #24
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
Rep
Drives: gti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
Thanks for all the replies guys. Keep in mind that I am not purposely taking adderall and marijuana together! The circumstances are as follows:

I was just prescribed adderall by my psychiatrist yesterday to help aid me when I try to study. I complained that I get an obsessive compulsive behavior when sitting down to study. It NEVER happens to me any other time except for when I sit/lay down to study.

I cant get comfortable and everything thing seems to bother me. From the position of my reading lamp, to messy papers on my desk, to the way the pillow is sitting behind my back. For some reason, I become very picky about my surroundings and my ability to get comfortable while studying. I also find it difficult to really pay attention to the material and absorb it.

I can read an article or watch a program about something Im interested in and be able to repeat the details almost verbatim. I even specifically pointed out to my doctor that there is a difference in reading a chapter in an economy book, vs. an article in a news paper. Add the extra stresses and pressures of feeling the need to fully understand and comprehend college reading material, vs. the care free and relaxed mind set of reading an article that in no way effects your GPA, a mid term, and so on........makes for a major difference.

Reading an article on a topic of interest is simple. Simple to understand, is entertaining, and simple to retain the details. Reading a text book, however, is different. There are terms and concepts that you must learn and retain, most of which are on subjects that aren't of particular interest. My point in this was to make sure that my doctor understood that I don't have a problem with reading and learning, its just a problem with really paying attention to the material in a text book. I find myself reading an entire page, word for word. Meanwhile my mind was in a totally different place.

So yesterday I had taken my first dose of Adderall (15 mg) after I had smoked a casual bowl with a friend before lunch. I smoke marijuana a few times a week, there fore the interaction with my adderall is inevitable. I plan on taking adderall only on days that I have class, so Monday through Thrusday (which includes test days and so on, since tests are usually given during regular class schedules), and at night when I study (which also means Monday through Thursday.....meaning only one dose taken daily, Mon-Thurs.)
that's not a bad idea. take it when u have a test.. the weed might not be good before a test.
Appreciate 0