aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzenko View Post
Confession...the install took place in Carlisle instead of Malaga. Change of venue was recommended by my mechanic due to hoist convenience. Sadly, i couldn't advice early enough so to have anyone attend.

I will post all my iPhone photos so forgive the quality and possible duplication.

Thus far I am of mixed opinion.
The power effect I haven't noticed. Nor am I sure that I should have. It is an catback install only and not a full exhaust.

Sound - exterior is beyond normal on how much more I like it. Sounds mean, and rough certainly not too loud. When you step on it, it gets beyond words.

Downfall.... you are doing sixty and my dct is revving between 1.5 and 2k, the cabin noise is unpleasantly noticeable. BIG BIG BIG no No no... This has meant that I need to revs higher than 2k so I am opening up more so then what I did before. Good luck to my fuel consumption. With that I increase risk of speeding... I need to find a way of overcoming that problem.

I think supersprint recommend this for a manual car, right now i think its because of the flexibility to stay out of 1.5k to 2k revs so to minimize cabin noise. I don't mind it, you know what they say if its too loud you are too old and I am not. However, it is at times unpleasant to hold a conversation with someone at that noise level. I need to take the WA boys for a spin so they can judge for themselves.

The install was done by the mechanic and myself. There wasn't too many things that could have gone wrong but I still have the odd suspension that had it been done professionally the cabin noise would be less painful.

Any thoughts on how I bring this down?
Should I get it looked at by RAMP?
Nothing could have gone wrong. It's a straightforward bolt on. I am sure both your mechanic and you would have taken best care when installing ... there is a drone even with the stock and MPE exhausts around the 2k rpm around the 60 km mark. You need to get out of that zone ASAP to avoid the drone. Given the aftermarket exhausts add that extra volume, that drone is even more noticeable. It's the case of managing it. You will get over it ... don't have regrets. Enjoy