Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tibra1 View Post
What does cost of the car have to do with trying to get your paint to look its best?

So by this logic if the car is under a certain value then you should use shit products or not care?..thats dicked up
I don't have a lot of money, Mutt, but still... It's a car that's meant to be driven, not sit in your garage...

And tibra, you're using the opposite logic by applying the most expensive products for no real reason. Unless you never drive the car, of course. Then by all means, keep it looking showroom ready. I actually drive my car though.

A lot of it is in the methods, and not the cost of the products. If you don't know what you're doing, no matter how much money you spend on the most expensive wax, your car will still look like shit.

Sorry, but I don't piss away money when I don't need to. I've managed just fine working on my car with some Meguiar's products and some Jetseal or P21S. I'm not spending $1000 on Swisswax for a car that I will drive the next day and get bug splatter on the hood and bumper. My car isn't a garage queen.

Aren't you the guy that replaces a whole wheel if it gets a small nick on it from a rock or something?