09-23-2012, 08:02 AM   #11
flipm3
E46 + E90 + F80
Rep
Drives: E46 + E90 + F80

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Thanks for sharing this Mike! Great work.

Relative to that stock dyno of about 385whp, the curves and delta of the bolts ons and your tune look spot on compared to some of the other top tunes!

I really like the midrange torque you were able to achieve. That has got to be a blast on the streets.

Looking at your results, it looks like at max values, you were able to achieve +13.674whp!! Well done!! Most of gains start to happen after 5000RPM which, as we all know, is where all the fun happens

Just a few questions:

1) In your original post, you said that most stock cars dyno around 365whp on that DynaPack. That Microsoft E9X M3 put down nearly 385whp. Does this support once again that newer E9X M3s are putting down more power stock with latest software from BMW?

2) I noticed that there is a dip in the lower powerband which seems to be infamous of the Akrapovic Evolution exhaust. A lot of tuners have been able to remedy that with their tunes, is that something you plan on doing or was that just a dyno anomaly?

3) Would you be able to dyno your car on a DynoJet for better comparison? A lot of people say that DynaPacks read extremely optimistic relative to the average DynoJet. I think it would be very beneficial to see comparisons from you considering that you provide a lot of great information.

Thanks once again for sharing the whole workflow on the dyno! It was fun to read.
Appreciate 0