View Single Post
      11-04-2020, 02:34 PM   #263
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Yes, it's the Bimmerworld kit. PM your email or something and I'll send some pics over.

The AP RadiCal/Essex kit is not worth the money. It's top shelf price but not top shelf performance.

I've seen the M4 GT4's brakes up close and they are branded AP Radical but it is a completely different kit than what we buy.

Obviously it all depends on what you are doing. Someone at the track in an M4 full race built told me they loved their APs. I asked how many pads they had gone through. The answer was zero. So... how could this person know much about the brakes they're running.
I go through a pad in one or at most two weekends. I've used all 3 big boy kits (AP, PFC, Alcon-BW). The AP is not, at all, at the level of the other two.

My use case is not typical, but it is what I consider torture testing. If I buy a rear BBK that is 4.5k it had better perform at that level. It had better be able to chew through pads and give me nice even wear. The rotors had better last a long time, because I have other rotors that last much longer from other kits.
I do not have a problem chewing through pads... no problem at all

What was your issue with the AP set compared to the others? You say that they are not at all on the same level - how so? Can't just say drop that and not back it up - learn us!!!

And as you know many people who say they love their brakes on the track (or hate others) have not really pushed brakes before. One guy in an M4 that hasn't burned up any pads doesn't really fail the product. You know how it goes with BBKs - if someone says how much better they stop than whatever they had before likely hasn't pushed either to their max.
Appreciate 0