Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWCAM View Post
Thank you!
yes... leaks are not visible anywhere. under the car, where I parked, inside the engine bay! no white stains and so on...
It's not at the very bottom but it's almost at LOW mark in the reservoir.
it eat up more than 2 liter and I'm sooooo worried!
and yes mine's a DCT! and if the heat exchanger is damaged, could it be visible leaks under the car? or the coolant can mixed with trans oil?
I'm lost here T-T
I'd guess you'd see traces of transmission oil in the coolant. Never seen/read about this incident on the M3 so can't believe this is your problem. And if it would be a crack in the engine I'm sure you'd notice other issues... I'm sure its an easy to fix leak somewhere.

The typical places for leaks is the tiny hose from the reservoir to the thermostat housing, or the tstat to engine sealing. I had a significant leak in the latter after replacing Tstat, coolant ending up in the engine V between the banks (possible to see with without removing the plenum). After 2 liter I like to believe it should show on the floor though, finding its way throught the V and down rear of the engine.

Oil and coolant temperature OK? (there is a "secret" meny for coolant temp if you don't have a scanner).
Appreciate 0