View Single Post
      09-16-2011, 04:44 PM   #25
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackBimmer View Post
I don't agree with that at all. Just beacuse it is daily-driveABLE, does not mean it should be driven daily.

when I was 16 years old, I have a '98 Mitsu eclipse w/ body kit, wheels, blah , blah , blah...Did NOT consider my car a daily driver... even though it really was, as I only drove another vehicle once or twice a week, if that. My eclipse was a $14,000 car on its best day, with me only getting about 8,000 when it got totaled (not my fault)

If I had a Lambo, a Rolls, and a BMW, then by all means my BMW would be my daily driver.

However, that is not my case... my BMW IS my lambo per-se. I want to take care of my car, even if it is "only" a 328. Driving it in the snow=me NOT taking care of it IMO.
I understand that you are trying to keep the 328 in the best condition possible. But did you really think that the 328 will depreciate an additional couple grand after daily driving it in the snow as well as daily driving it in general? The 328 is made to be a DD. Just throw a set of snow tires and call it a day.

You need to realize that it doesn't just cost 4k to own a car. Insurance, registration, maintenance, repairs (used car), gas (older Jeep Wrangler only averages 13 city MPG and 16 highway MPG).

Is this really worth babying your 328?
Appreciate 0