Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 G82 M4

Garage List
2023 BMW G82 M4  [0.00]
2018 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 Audi RS5 (Sold)  [10.00]
2008 E93 M3 (Sold)  [10.00]
Good news, Tell her that you are not the only one, I did file a report long time ago like a lot of us here. keep us posted...
Quote:
Originally Posted by herosfc View Post
Just had this come through on email:

Dear BMW Owners,

My name is Emily Reichard and I am an investigator with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration of the US Department of Transportation. I am interested in the report you filed with us regarding your 2008 BMW M3 transmission. Can you describe to me what happened when you were driving the vehicle and the specifics of the event (i.e. where, when, at what speeds, how often, etc.)? Did any warning lights or noises occur when this happened? Did the problem ever place you in any unsafe or dangerous situations? If you saw a dealer, what was their remedy for solving the problem and do you find that it worked? Have you been notified of the DCT reprogramming as stated in Recall #08V-595? If so, was it performed and has this remedied the problem? Any other pertinent information regarding this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and have a great day.

Emily Reichard
Assistant Investigator, US D.O.T.

National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
Appreciate 0