04-06-2009, 05:55 AM   #234
alito
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 CONVERTIBLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiation Joe View Post
I've always been afraid of that, but am holding out hope that it can be fixed.

I am glad you liked my quote...

Someone live in Detroit? The detroit free press would love to hear of something like this... specially now! I have not as of yet, but I am drafting BMW a letter to inform them of this issue, that it was not there before the "update" and that, regardless of them calling it "normal," I fear for my safety and that of my family. That the letter is to have a written record in case a serious accident happens they do not play ignorance.
I will not waste my dealer's time with this. They are awesome (Reeves in Tampa) and there is no purpose in them chaising their tales. I will take it there because I need something else and I will have them just document my complaint.
Again, from a recent previous experience with a BMW, this will likely not be fixed nor does BMW care unless it reaches a critical point for them. They do not realize the long term impact. My mom had an Audi A4 Avant that was getting too big for her. I was considering a 1 series but will never buy BMW again. I just bought a Mazda CX-9 that not only has it been trouble free, it drives nice and costs $25-30K less than a comparably equiped X5 but the dealer has been great as has Mazda. There was one recall and Mazda sent me a letter stating they were aware of the problem and working on it. When it was available, I went in and it was fixed in under one hour and with a free car wash and oil change and the dealer could not have apologized more. I then got a phone call, NOT a survey to make sure I was happy!!
What does that mean BMW? It means that I just bought mom a fully loaded Mazda 3 instead of a 1 series for $15K less and with surprisingly more extras.
Somehow, I think I am wasting my words.... as stated by a previous coment, BMW does have people who read this and we are thought of as a "few" that just complain and bitch about everything and imagine these problems... Hope that imaginary 18 wheeler does not kill me as it rams into the back of my car as I make a U-turn...
Appreciate 0