03-05-2009, 08:37 AM   #78
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
FFS are you guys still crying about how you can make the DCT "lag"!
If you drive it properly it doesn't occur. Free clue: use S3/4, use the paddles to ensure the DCT is in the gear you want, don't let the car make the anti-stall downshift for you thats just lazy and amateurish, when you are slowing, change down as you pass 1500revs. Its a auto-clutch manual not a torque-converter slushmatic...if you can't figure how to drive it properly maybe you should drive something a bit simpler.
Find me another DCT that suffers the same problem. Sure you can find a work around but that's not exactly the point, between Getrag and BMW someone dropped the ball at the final stages of development and let through these glitches that are taking an age to fix.

Porsche have probably more experience of the technology than anyone and were working on their own version long before BMW started developing theirs but still didn't rush theirs to market until it was right, getting something to the market before anyone else isn't always the smartest decision, OK sometimes everything goes peachy but when it doesn't the annoyed customers and bad press that follows is hard to shake off.

May I suggest those who think their DCT is perfectly acceptable the way it is then go and drive a PKG equipped Porsche and see if you still feel the same way. Not all DCTs are equal.
Appreciate 0