View Single Post
      03-05-2009, 07:55 AM   #76
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
FFS are you guys still crying about how you can make the DCT "lag"!
If you drive it properly it doesn't occur. Free clue: use S3/4, use the paddles to ensure the DCT is in the gear you want, don't let the car make the anti-stall downshift for you thats just lazy and amateurish, when you are slowing, change down as you pass 1500revs. Its a auto-clutch manual not a torque-converter slushmatic...if you can't figure how to drive it properly maybe you should drive something a bit simpler.
Whoa, no need to be a douche about it.

Also, while putting the car into first gear will mitigate the lag most of the time, I find there are still rare cases when it won't. Particularly, when coming nearly to a complete stop, perhaps just 1 or 2 mph, and then nailing the gas. There is still a lag there although not nearly as pronounced as it is in 2nd gear. This may or may not be addressed when they address the 2nd gear issue or not. Personally I think it will because it seems to me they just need to keep the clutch engaged longer in general. It really should be engaged til just before the point of stalling. I think that what happened with the update is that they backed off clutch disengagement way too far in order to cure the stalling issue that people had. They need to find the happy medium between the two and all will be good.
Appreciate 0