footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Sorry to hear it footie.

That is an interesting theory, BTW. I haven't seen much talk about how the M-DCT transmission might learn your driving habits. In fact, do we even know for sure that it does? I know it has been speculated before, but I don't recall what was concluded. The thing is, even if it does this in D modes, I doubt it would effect S modes. So, if you had been driving in S modes at all in the past three weeks and not experienced any lag then it should continue unchanged.
It more and more convinced it is a learning system and here is why, the system seemed to be holding on to third gear instead of shifting to second and this was happening on corners that it definitely shifted to second gear before.

Since Tuesday I have noticed the gearbox shifting to second gear on these corners now and the lag is present more and more often, at start I only found it in D4 ( maybe because I used it almost exclusively since the car returned) but now it's present on all D-modes again as before.

It's funny but before the car went in and this was fixed (so I thought) though it was there and present all the time it never really got it me in the same way as some of the rest of you but now that I have experienced a fault free DCT I am fucking pissed off like you would never believe.

I don't give a shit what people are saying that there will be a fix and it might be here in March sometime, I feel now that there will never be a fix because the f'ing gearbox will revert back and do what ever it bloody well wants.
Appreciate 0