10-16-2007, 05:28 PM   #10
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seltho View Post
Maybe youre right but I don`t think BMW will let the RS5 kick the M3`s ass.
For example when the new RS6 resently came with 580 HP, BMW responded instantly and upgraded the M5 to a 575HP version(It`s lighter and will be faster). There has been an HP race between the two companies for a long time and I don`t think BMW will give up this time either. But I don`t know this, it`s just a guess. Time will tell...
Trust me that RS6 is actually producing more than 580bhp. Also, I think you'll be suprised with the ringtimes The RS6 is about more than just the engine though, the brakes are amazing and have no fade after 86 laps, the gearbox is based on the Veryons DSG, etc. This is a mighty car!

Also, you're talking about the M5 575bhp version, we dont actually have any official numbers I dont think, correct me if I'm wrong. I also wonder how much it'll cost. There is also strong chance of the RS6+ with well over 600bhp. I'm not saying horsepower is everything though. Infact the opposite. I think these days we can achieve great amounts of power, we just need to focus on efficiency etc.

Oh yeah, and the RS5, well firstly I think the S5 has equal presence to the new M3 on the road. The A5 platform actually looks a class above the E92 platform. It has a more chunkier 6 series look about it, looks much better though. I think the RS5 will look much better than the new M3, and I dont think Audi will skip on performance either. I've heard that they might reduce the engine size and make it turbo'd. I've got my money on a new 4.0TFSI based on the new RS6 engine. It should produce around 465bhp and 100nm more torque than the M3