07-30-2011, 01:23 PM   #2
dnvrdrvr
Captain Obvious
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 VW GTI SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle S65B40 View Post
Loaner: I have a 328i Xdrive. I realize dealerships are under no obligation to provide a loaner, but BMW Seattle does and they offer newer model BMWs. There were several other cars that I would have had my pick from (335s and F10 5 series) that could have potentially been available. It would be nice if I got to drive a 335 or 535 to see what the N54/N55 is all about. call me a snob, but coming from an E92 M3 to a E90 328 Xdrive makes the latter feel like a minivan. Oh well, sure beats having to get a ford fusion from enterprise out of pocket.
Look forward to reading the results (mine has production date of 3/08).

FWIW, I feel as if I've been able to drive most of the BMW product line through various appointments (brakes, oil changes, service engine soon messages, etc). The 5 series GT was fast in a straight line but cornering was just... awful. Biggest complaints I usually have with non-M loaners is how thin the steering wheels are and how flat the seats are. Every time I get my car back I smile when I climb in.
Appreciate 0