01-14-2018, 10:57 PM   #27
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalestineM3 View Post
I know this is REALLY old but im trying to decide between e90 m3 and e92 and im currently paying 5k liability insurance on my 335is....? Also farmers..... have 2 accidents one when 17 one when 18 and 2 speeding tickets also 17 and 18...have been clean for 3 years wondering what the fuck is going on? Any suggestion for e90 vs e92 for insurance ?
Wow, quite a thread bump!

Anyhow, you're paying $5K a year for liability only...is that what you mean? If so...whoa!

Anyhow, E90 vs. E92 is not going to be much difference at all for insurance. Maybe a bit more for E92 as insurance companies typically charge more for a coupe than a sedan.

Your rate is based on a million different factors in today's insurance world (I've worked in the industry for 20 years now)...age, gender, marital status, education, zip code, credit score, claims history, driving record, coverages/deductibles you select, # of vehicles in household, other policies with same insurer...the list goes on and on...

I don't think you'll find huge saving going with one company over another, they all base your rate on all or most of the factors noted above, and then some. The best thing you can do is stop getting into accidents and stop getting tickets and wait it out until your 25...at that point you'll see a significant rate decrease. Or get yourself married, get a degree, move to the country...those will help your rate
Appreciate 0