View Single Post
      12-30-2008, 11:43 PM   #25
peter@wheelexperts
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, C6 Z06, 10 Range Sport

I was born in Houston and lived there for 30 years until my wife and I moved the Dallas 3 years ago. The humid rainy weather and the traffic out of inside the loop (where downtown and the medical center are) are the 2 things that are the worst in my opinion.

That being said, Texas Medical Center in Houston is defintely one of the top places to be if you are in the medical field....not only a great place to work but a great place to learn. As long as you lived "inside the loop" the traffic wouldn't be as much of a problem, its all the surburbanites commuting to downtown/Med center/UH every day that make the traffic horrible. Then, the only thing would be the weather/flooding/hurricanes.

We like the weather better in Dallas, although it hits over 100 for about a 6 week period in the summer, it does not rain nearly as much and is much less humid than Houston, which makes it more liveable in my opinion.

Houston is a much bigger city overall, since the DFW area is sort of like Orange County, many small towns and cities put together.

One thing to note, is that I would say that Houston is much more diverse, with a wide range of ethnicities. Dallas is a little less diverse, and depending on where you are, can be a bit more pretentious than Houston, but you will likely find this trait in most metropolitan areas nowdays.
Appreciate 0