View Single Post
      04-26-2013, 11:08 PM   #1
Majin Buu
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

911 turbo S, possible investment opportunity?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2013-...6e4df717#v4-37

I'm probably the last person on earth to give a rat's rear end about Porsche (aka overpriced ugly VW beetle). But I read about this car on Jalopnik. It used to be Chris Brown's and he crashed it. The car is practically new, and the price seems very attractive. If you buy the same car from a dealer here in Canada you will pay twice that amount.

Furthermore, the damage doesn't appear to be too bad in the pics. Just an airbag, front bumper, a fender dent, and some plastic pieces. It seems easily repairable for a relatively small amount of money.

However, the car does have a salvage title. I wonder if there is possibly some frame damage or any other hidden damage underneath that isn't obvious in the pictures. I find it hard to believe that a car like this would be written off just because of an airbag and front bumper cover.

I have to say the pricing really tempts me. The thought came to me to import this car, fix the damage, and then either drive it or sell it for a profit here in Canada. Of course the salvage title on the car would seem to suggest the prepair cost might end up far more than I anticipated. What do you guys think?
Appreciate 0