View Single Post
      05-30-2018, 08:23 PM   #15
Mr Carrots
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bmw

The unfortunate truth is that many dietitians are less qualified than my dogs when it comes to giving out useful dietary advice, and certainly don't stay on top of any studies that might contradict their current belief system.

check www.alanaragon.com for an exhaustive list of peer reviewed studies, but the simple version is that you need to replace carbs with healthy fat as an energy source, you cant just cut carbs and not replace them with fat.

You don't need to go ''high'' protein, imo no-one really does (Mike Mentzer almost beat Arnie in the 80's eating about 75g protein a day) but unless you're legitimately kidney impaired, the experts telling you about 'dangers' of high protein comes from them utterly misinterpreting eGFR and creatinine numbers in athletes.

Just work out your daily calorie burn, go under that number about 200 calories (or more if you have willpower) and eat lots of healthy fats to make up the calories from say 70 grams of protien and 50 grams of carbs (avocado, fish, meat, some nuts are ok etc)

GI is virtually meaningless BTW, unless you plan on just eating that particular carb by itself as a meal. What you consume with it will affect how it's absorbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye944 View Post
I think I understand where this is going, so, I've never done that... the closest I have done is not eat LOL, I had discussed with my dietitian. A higher protein, low carb diet, but though they didn't say I shouldn't, they gave 2 issues

* Higher protein, not good for weight, Kidney function and kidney stones
* Lower carbs not good, due to rebounding

I have managed to cut down my insulin on the new drug combination
(Trulicity, Invokana & Metformin) so I'm less hungry, but a hell-la lot more dehydrated.

IF I can get my day started ok, (my fasting blood sugar) I'm fine all day
It's getting that figure below 7 mmol, which if I eat something decent at night I can achieve it.

I understand "carbs" or the type of carb (GI) is the issue
Appreciate 2
jaye9441010.00
arkie6397.00