View Single Post
      10-13-2011, 06:21 PM   #39
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaranzabal View Post
I say it depends on the kid. I'm 18 with an 08 E92 M3 so maybe my view is skewed. I got a Honda CR-V as my first car when I was 16, 2010 Camaro SS when I was 17, and M3 when I turned 18. Maybe give your daughter a beater car for her first year of driving (keep the M3) and then give her the M3 a year later?

My advice is probably not that great since everyone votes "no" so far. I'm just trying to point out that not every teen with a fast car will be wreckless (yes, I agree the majority will be). Plus you have a daughter and not a son, maybe that will help? haha
It's not only about the power, although that is a consideration. For me, it is more about teaching the value of money. No matter what one says, you will NEVER value what it takes to earn enough to buy an M3 until you have had to do it yourself. Whether you have the means or not, everyone should know and respect the value of what it takes to earn your keep. I am not saying that people with means should deprive their kids, but an M3 is a bit much. Even if you want to buy your kid a nice car with a bit of sportiness, how about something like a Nissan Sentra SE-R or a Honda Civic Si?