View Single Post
      02-12-2007, 01:26 PM   #17
Saebb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Unfortunately none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul330d View Post
As a Brit, I'm afraid I find that pretty offensive. You do know what the Luftwaffe got up to 60 years ago, don't you?
And you know what the Royal Airforce did to Dresden etc.? So, this were bad times on both sides and I think it is time not to accuse Germans nowadays (also not the soldiers.) As you mentioned it is 60 years ago. Keep in mind, British bombers are flying attacks against (sometimes not so) innocent Iraqi people. In my oppinion, you have to look forward and not backwards all the time. Have you been directly involved in German attacks during the WWII? I guess not.

I don't know either why he choosed this. I wouldn't cause it is too aggressive for me in general but please stop complaining about WWII all the time.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to forget about it cause so much families have had to suffer by the consequences and it was and still is horrible but there have been several black points in the history of any european country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90T View Post
For sure, might as well put Gestapo.
Very childish. Luftwaffe means Airforce, nothing more nothing less. It never has been a political or ideological institution like the Gestapo (Geheime Staats Polizei) or the SS (Schutzstaffel) or the SA (Sturmabteilung). Gestapo, SS and SA were directly subordinated to the NSDAP. Luftwaffe is and has been a unit of the armed forces.

Last edited by Saebb; 02-12-2007 at 01:44 PM..
Appreciate 0