Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.25]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
Having personal experience with KW V-series(numerous Swift spring conversions try to improve them), TCKR DA's and AST's. KW V-series do not have nearly the performance of the TCK DA's because the use of progressive spring rates and the valving package on the TCKR's are much better and more precise. The AST 4250, when properly set-up, would be above the level of the both KW V-series and TCKR DA's.
What's KW's linear spring offering? Clubsports?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchBoy View Post
I am a bit confused. I was under the impression the AST 4200 were similar in spec to the JRZ RS, not the RS1. The AST 4200 and JRZ RS are double adjustable. The RS1 is single adjustable.

What are the main differences between the RS and RS1 in terms of on-track performance and off-track usability?

I am planning to upgrade at some point in the future so I am interested.
When I was e46 coilover shopping JRZ was just about to release a single adjustable damper, not sure about the model name. In talking to Bimmerworld extensively, they were pretty clear on the differences from going with TCk and AST and that JRZ was stepping up.

In case anyone is wondering, the ASTs are nice...don't get me wrong...but it was explained to me that the TCK's had a better rear spring design and the dampers seem to hold up better. Plus you can talk to TC Kline himself when you call and ask retarded questions. (I think he waits until I hang up to laugh at me.) I've seen a couple of somewhat in depth articles on how TC Kline develops suspension systems and I like their approach.
2000 E36/7 Z3 Steel Blue
Appreciate 0