kyrix1st
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87 M2; E92M3 MT&DCT; M3 euro

Garage List
2004 BMW Z4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieChiles View Post
Great choice, we have a 2020 cayenne base that we bought new and it’s just unbelievable for an suv.

Pasm / sport chrono make the base car super sharp for what it is and it makes the most of its power due to the excellent transmission programming. And it’s handling is world class.

I wanted to get an s but since it’s for my wife we didn’t spend the money, and instead got the options we wanted like the sport design kit and the spider wheels.

As for the m3, no competition at the price point.
We had a 958 diesel since new and the handling characteristics will put many cars to shame. Recently test drove a GLE and an X3M and all I will say is this; GLE is a boat and X3M is a fast but dull machine.
We ended up getting a fully optioned(PDCC, RAS, PSE, leather seats etc) Cayenne S 2.9. Turbo was a consideration but it was unnecessarily fast for an SUV, and you would have to go to the gas station twice as much. Besides, Cayenne S was much more fun revving out each gear.

It's not about power people, it is how the power is delivered. You know, just like BMW used to do so well...