06-20-2013, 03:49 PM   #17
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
A crop and adjusting Shadows in LR would have helped a good bit. I'm not sure about the choice of background. I would have gone either more "industrial" or much less. As is, it's ambiguous and I think to myself, "Is that what she was looking for, or was that the most convenient parking lot?"

As a multi-media student, you'll need to take charge of projects to clearly show your vision. People will expect it from you and, even if it's someone else's project, you'll need to retain some major control. You want people thinking you're a media perfectionist, not "she's easy to work with." It's not too soon to start controlling anything to do with your image or images that you produce.

Good luck.

Dave
Most people underestimate the difficulty of finding a nice background. I guess it depends on your location. But I went out one day to shoot my car and i figured i'd hit this one spot and be done. I must have hit 5 locations and wasn't happy with any of the results. Of course thats part of the learning curve.

Now i look at places as i travel around contemplate where other cars and people will be, which direction the sun will be shining, if there is enough room to put on a long lens, etc... and tuck the good spots into the back of my mind.

You know, in case i find the time to shoot the car again in good back grounds.....