12-13-2012, 08:16 AM   #12
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
If you don't care about perfection and will have it professionally done every year, then all you need is to maintenance wash it and maybe apply a new coat of wax if needed (with maybe a decon before applying the wax).

Two bucket method with grit guards for washing, dry with a leaf blower (or get fancy with one of those master blasters), and a decent wax is all you need. This will probably give you the best look, lowest cost, and least amount of swirls added to the paint in between detailings.

You seem to have the basics covered with some extras for extra steps (decon, etc).

For what it's worth, I would only wash every week or two as needed. If it's your daily, you'll need to wash it more often. Polishing with AF Tripple (or any polish really) should be minimized to when the paint really needs the correction. I would only do full details once a year on mine, with another minor detailing sometime during the year. The full detail would cover correction to the paint as needed. The minor detail is more of a cover/filler (with something like Tripple), and some wax/sealant. Depending on the time of year, like if it's winter prep I am doing, I'll use a good sealant since I likely won't be touching it much until spring. A good sealant will last much longer than a cheaper wax typically (although some cheaper waxes out there are fantastic). I use AF Tough Coat for a sealant. I last did my truck about 5-6 months ago and it's still beading when it gets wet.

Last edited by Templar; 12-13-2012 at 08:26 AM..
Appreciate 0