View Single Post
      11-10-2009, 01:19 AM   #88
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Added: UUC SS, AA filter, Akra slip-on, solargard 35%

I've done a lot since the last time I updated this. Let me see, I installed the Active Autowerke EU-adapted filter:

Comparo next to stock filter:

The adapter AA fabricated is extremely robust and I'm sure it will hold the filter in place as well as any OEM mold. It's hard to notice intake changes with your butt-dyno. I should have used dynolicious at a minimum, but oh well.

RPM had their tint guy come in and do 35% solargard:

I had RPM install the UUC short shifter as well. It is much more precise and ergonomic for me personally. Initially it had the feeling of the stock shifter at delivery - very clunky. But over the course of three days or so it became very smooth. I don't know that it really allows you to shift faster, but it certainly allows a more precise engagement of gears and removes the slight, rubbery feeling that the stock shifter had. It's a step closer to the STi 6-speed that I still miss and love ; )

Some clean car pics - shine compliments of Meguiar's #21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0). This is probably one of the last nice days we will have in Pittsburgh for a looooong time:

A couple of the wife's ride (09 328i xdrive):

...and finally, by way of IND and Germany ; )

I wasn't 100% satisfied with the fabspeed + stock muffler combo in terms of sound. So the Akra will hopefully solve that. I haven't had a chance to test drive it. I just threw the tips on there and fired it up after the Steelers destroyed Denver : ) It sounded bassy and mean...

I'm going to double check for leaks etc, then take it on a nice backcountry drive to work tomorrow. I have a few days left on the summer rubber, then it's time to switch to the winter setup with a small twist : )

I will report back with a full review on the exhaust later. I can say that in 10 years of modifying cars, this exhaust is the single finest piece I have ever seen - OEM or aftermarket. From the fit and finish, to the instructions, to the included materials - everything is perfect. Nate and Ilia at IND made the ordering experience totally painless and I had the exhaust in four business days if I'm not mistaken. I'll put positive reviews of all the vendors up in the appropriate forum.

Later!
Appreciate 0