View Single Post
      10-16-2007, 10:27 AM   #8
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhutchins14 View Post
I'm confused...Are you saying that that you got the dealer supplied cable that hides your iPod in your glove box, and that set up doesn't allow you to play iTunes downloaded music? The reason I ask is that I got that set up on my '03 E46 M3 and I am able to play the iTunes downloaded music.
No.

The setup you have only applies to the E46. Actually, there is a similar dealer installed option for the E9X for the first couple years of production, but that's largely defunct/antiquated now.

For the E9X, as of this past March, there is a factory option (6FL) for a USB port which will allow you to play music from any USB device just by plugging it in. In addition, through the use of a special cable that BMW sells (and which it appears neither RealDC or FilthyMonkey have) you can also connect an iPod and play DRM'd tracks from it. If you do not have this special cable, you can still connect an iPod but only non-DRM'd tracks will be visible and playable. In addition, in that situation, and with any other non-iPod device plugged in via USB, the interface is not nearly as feature laiden and user friendly (it basically just creates a menu of all the audio files on the device).
Appreciate 0