View Single Post
      08-16-2009, 12:43 PM   #364
991GT3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ford Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclenirvana View Post
My biggest problem with the GT-R is not the car but the dealers! When I was searching for a daily driver, the local BMW dealership rolled out the carpet...I test drove at least 2 M3's several times. When I bought my Ford GT, I test drove a Ferrari 360, Ferrari 430, and Lambo Gallardo....but I cannot find a local Nissan dealership that would have let me test drive the car! It is unbelievable...for heavens sake, it is a Nissan with a sticker below $100K. And I don't buy anything without test driving it. Just yesterday, I test drove the 2010 Porsche GT-3...what a car!! Sticker was around $137K.
I just don't understand it. But I do know that I will never consider owning one without a test drive.

I have noticed that car marques that normally don't deal in exotic sports cars can be very difficult to deal with if they have that one exotic car in their lineup....same thing happened to me when I was considering a CTS-V and recently I considered trading the Ford GT for a R8 V10...but no test drive...and when I saw it in person (good looking car), I decided it was not worth it, at least for me.

I am ambivalent about that. I understand your frustration but at the same time understand why dealers don't want every boy racer testing their GTR, Corvette, Viper, Evo, etc.
I think the more prestigous brand names don't have the same problems because generally only the more serious buyer would ask to test drive $100k plus cars.

-2016 Macan Turbo(GF vehicle)
-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0