SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by revengeismine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
Double that!! It'll be more like $6k to replace. Pn 54108045327 for the roof skin. Glueing it it requires removal of both front and rear glass as well as disassembly of headliner assembly etc.

OP I doubt the carbon itself is cracked, probably just needs reclearing. That carbon is some real tough stuff
Yea the fiber itself is totally intact. Its just the clear. I will probably have my detailer gave it the ole college try. If it doesn't look any better, I will see what my insurance will provide for a reclearing or a total roof swap.

I have read that a ton of body shops don't want to touch carbon fiber roofs with just reclearing. I just found a few guys on here who have had their insurance pay for the repair and ultimately ended up replacing the whole roof rather than reclearing only.
I prepped mine myself and sent it to a buddy with a body shop, he only charged me $500 to further prep and spray three coats. It's not perfect but good enough for my ol' beater. Beats a peeling shitty looking roof.. but it's a 3-5 footer for sure..

I should add mine was pretty bad too.. the clever was coming off in yellow'd sheets.. I peeled it with a razor blade