Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeSurfer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd********* View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KawBoy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd********* View Post
What'd you sand it down with? Did you send it all the way down to the bare carbon?
Don't know whether or not you've clicked on the pics; they are actually clips.
My guy did the job, but you can see on the clip that carbon was removed.
I just don't know what grit he used. I do know, however, that he applied 4 coats of clear coat.
Oh wow I saw the picture but it was a bit blurry, I see now that it's a sprayed black. I got some pretty nasty rock chips on the roof and I'm just wondering how long it takes to get that epoxy resin off and how difficult it is. It's not like traditional clear coat
It wouldn't be epoxy as a top coat. Epoxy has no UV protection. The epoxy is saturated in the fabric and an automotive clear coat is the final layer.
I've talked to a few larger companies here in SoCal that have resprayed carbon Bmw roofs and they said it's not traditional clear coat, but they could be wrong I'm not sure to be honest
Obviously I can't confirm what they used but hypothetically and realistically it wouldn't matter what they used as long as the surface was scuffed up enough for the new clear coat to mechanically bond.

I would ask that they, you or the body shop clear the entire roof and not try to blend the new clear.
Appreciate 0