View Single Post
      09-19-2018, 08:36 AM   #116
m13s
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBM5 View Post
Well I did my fist track day event at Road Atlanta in 1981! So 37 years ago the BMWCCA was well involved in holding track day events. The month after the RA event, Ray Korman and I trailered my Bavaria up to Mid-Ohio for another CCA track event in May 1981. Scott Hughes was the organizer up there for that event. At O'fest in 1982, the track event was held at Lime Rock, which at the time I didn't think much of the course compared to RA and Mid-Ohio. I spent the better part of the 1980s doing track events all over the east coast, mainly with the CCA. In the National Capital Chapter circa 1985, we used to even hold a "Hot Shoe" Fall weekday track event at Summit Point for advanced drivers only where lap times were recorded and posted in the newsletter.

Point taken though...just wanted to point out to the younger forum members that the CCA started doing track events in the 1970s.

Regards,
Chuck
Hi Chuck, My bad I should have stated that when I started it was road racing motorcycles in relation to track days. That is where my frame of reference is from.

Apologies for the confusion.
Appreciate 2
CSBM52721.00
DreamTime864.50