Colonel
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3 - IB

Garage List
2009 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon H View Post
You're right, it's a tough job. I've been absent from the track for most of the year and that's the first time I've seen that guy. Cool guy and felt that he did what he could. Traffic seemed to thin out around 2, but that was my last session of the day and had to head back home.

Have me interested in those R1S tires, may have to try them sometime down the road. I've been buying race scrubs, but you never really do know what you're getting with them. Currently trying out some Yokos, had Michelins prior (really liked those).
Josh mentioned that was the first time that start/finish boss worked with Speed District.

I like Speed District a lot. One of the ways they've built their name is by having low car-count groups versus others that put 30 into a run group. But we ran into some fairly high car counts yesterday. My humble suggestion to Speed District would be, if they sell out to 65 drivers like they did on Friday, they should move to 4 run groups to keep the car count down in a group, and split the drivers by lap times in the more advanced groups. They give everyone transponders so it's not hard to track times. Personally I would rather have 6 sessions with lower car-count run groups than 8 with 25+ cars. Anyway, Josh is a nice guy and he wants everyone to have a great time. I appreciate his track days.

Regarding R1S vs Micheln slicks---my understanding is that the Michelins are grippier than R1S. It goes NT01-->R6-->TD-->R1S-->Michelin slick. After that, you gotta shed weight and do aero. Come on down the rabbit hole! It's comfy down here!!
Appreciate 1