View Single Post
      11-11-2020, 09:29 AM   #1445
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoridersd View Post
This looks closer to the bimmertech version, at least in how they use a flat WiFi antenna with a cable instead of two stubby antennas that are fixed to the back of the box.

I am considering ordering this one today too.

How are software updates handled with these? Seems like these boxes might be similar across manufacturers. Is there an xda developers or other forum that has information about this?
Carplay/Android Auto itself is really the software running on your mobile device and being emulated/displayed through the firmware on the carplay box. They do this because otherwise every car would require a firmware/software update each time a new OS came out which wasn't practical.

I would say unless the manufacturer released some specific bug fix for some problem in their firmware, you should never have to update these. The carsara website has nothing under "support" or "Firmware updates" so I assume once you get this, thats the end of your support.

https://www.carsaratek.com/firmware-update-a0020.html