12-12-2018, 02:17 PM   #22
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
On a bunch of track sessions, won’t the thermostat be fully open whether it is a 179 or 190? I have not tracked and logged coolant temps, but tend to doubt the radiator and fans can cool the coolant on the track enough to get it back down low enough to close the thermostat, even the 190. It seems to me that the the fan switch setpoints and track speeds and radiator airflow control the coolant temp more than the thermostat under track conditions. At best, a colder thermostat would give a little more initial reserve, which would probably be used up in one lap.

The 11* makes a big difference, the Warmer the coolant and oil gets the harder the cooling system has to work to bring it down especially with stock components. At the track when the t stat begins to open at 190 the car will be at 200* by the time it’s fully open and you’ll be flowing coolant yes but you will already have a lot of heat in the entire cooling channel.

If you want to run this on the track you I would suggest getting the csf rad and do88 oil cooler because the larger core in both pieces will give you greater thermal efficiency and the car will be able to sustain more consistent temperature.
Appreciate 4
derbo3610.00
94jedi830.00