View Single Post
      11-20-2022, 09:47 PM   #3
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

"un-bent" wheels are usually not going to be perfectly round and straight. Did you have the tires roadforce balanced and spin balanced when the wheels were straightened? Did you get wheel runout numbers to determine how good or bad they are after the straightening?

Also, in my experience many tire shops have top end balancing equipment but they use it to save money on weights and use a setting that lets them only balance the wheel until it's "good enough" but on a car like an M3 with a more direct connection between the wheels and chassis than your average Camry, you'll feel every little bit of imbalance. A performance shop with its own balancer that knows how to use it can get you a more precise balance if that's your problem. I have seen hundreds of wheels that were "just balanced three times by Discount Tire" that were 0.5 or 0.75 ounces off and that was enough to be felt by the driver.

If your wheels are aftermarket and non hub centric, one or more may not be perfectly centered when the five lug bolts were torqued down. You may even have one or more warped or damaged hubs if somebody at some point did not torque the wheels down in a star pattern.

The tires could certainly have flatspots or they may even be old and dry.

If you have spacers on any of your wheels, try taking them off because they can often cause or exaggerate what you're feeling (my currently does the same and I believe it's from the spacers).
Appreciate 2
DrFerry6728.50