View Single Post
      12-16-2009, 08:05 AM   #12
DomsZ06
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
READ THE FINE PRINT. FREAKS DID SOME DAMAGE TO MY CAR AND DID NOT PAY DUE TO THE FINE PRINT. All caps for a reason...
Like he said, make sure your car is perfectly clean before it goes on the truck, and you will want to walk it and they will look for damage.

Then when you get it back it will probably be dirty. They normally "rinse" it off, you will want to immidiatly hand wash it so you can look for everything wrong. I didn't see anything wrong on the first pass with the driver but after the wash I found all kinds of things wrong, and immidiatly called. Depending on the carrier they may or may not pay to fix the items if you don't see them with the driver. If this is the case make him sit and wait while you wash it. or just make sure you inspect it very close. If I hadn't been a company move I would have been SOL, as like what Urban said they would not have paid it. My moving company ended up paying it not the auto shipper.

If you care about your car you won't ship it in an open truck.... I know people say that well that's the way they come from the factory, and true, but those drivers are getting paid awesome and the dealers don't wanna mess the cars up.

Good luck with whoever you use.
Appreciate 0