View Single Post
      09-17-2019, 08:20 AM   #10316
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

I just did a light track day on my DS2500’s on my stoptechs and this was my first experience with this pad on a track. I agree with the Brake Guy (they and everybody else gets their Ferodo pads from Essex, btw unless I missed something). DS2500 is a street pad that won’t disintegrate on track, so I guess if that’s what you want to call a hybrid sure fine. I think a lot of the light, slow car brake knowledge is misapplied to 450+hp ground pounders by some sales folks.

They never completely go away and leave with no brakes like a stock/street pad, so that’s a big improvement over most OEM pads. But they are definitely not a track pad capable of hanging in there at 10/10hs fo multiple laps on anything with some power. I was on Conti ECS street tires because it was a spur of the moment thing and the brakes still had to be managed at a track that admittedly doesn’t give the brakes much rest (1.6 miles, ~70 second lap, 8 turns, 5 brake events, one from 130-ish into turn 1 and then 4 more in quick succession).

Maybe with ducting I could have pounded on them for 20 minutes straight but that’s still on a true street tire, not even a super-200 or the like. So yeah. Way better than stock or even most true street pads, because they won’t kill you when they get hot, but not up to the task of consistent tracking on a 3500lb, 130mph+ car

Last edited by Richbot; 09-17-2019 at 08:55 AM..
Appreciate 1
Bartledoo2691.50