09-16-2019, 08:02 PM   #10309
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
Never used Cobalt. What do they have with more moderate torque? Looking at their reference table, it seems to indicate that the XR2 is similar in performance to the DTC-60 so I guess I'd want the XR3? Those are like $525 for the front axle, ouch.
its been over a year since i've used the cobalts, so some of the details are fuzzy, so i'm going off of remembered thoughts of the time. i'm not sure if brake torque and/or bite is synonymous with pads being easier to modulate... i feel like i've been happy with the dsuno and cf cr1's bite and torque, but brake release and modulation is not a complaint of mine. now, i'm typically on nt01's, so a bit more grip than a street tire.
i run ds2500's on the street. great pads. i have ran them as backups at the track and they hold up pretty good, but these ap j-hook rotors eat them up fast in track conditions.

at the very least, pick up the phone and speak with andie at cobalt friction. he's a stand up guy and will be able to point you in the right direction based on what you're describing what you want out of a pad.