View Single Post
      12-14-2018, 05:31 PM   #7
EnVe46
Major
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 LeMansBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyDawg View Post
I was in a similar situation a few year ago when #2 was on the way. I ended up selling my (dream) lifted Jeep Rubicon for a more practical SUV for my wife since I still owed 25k on the Jeep and her C class was paid off. So now technically I don't have a car, I just drive whatever she isn't driving... but I work from home so not a huge deal....I digress.

It's hard to say what is best for you, but I can say, I am now in the market for an e90 just a few short years later so if you end up selling your e90, like you suggested, it probably wont be that long before you can get back into another e90 of your liking or maybe something else you want at the time.

Can you squeeze out 11 months with her in the 740 until the A3 lease runs out?
Its certainly an option. E38s aren't known for their cooling system reliability let alone other things, despite it being in good shape with new parts. I just don't want any issues for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by byroncheung View Post
if it's just her and the baby in the A3, won't the car seat fit if it's on the pax side rear with the front pax seat push forth a bit?
Yes, with the passenger seat as far forwar as possible. However, Im not quite fond of placing a new born on the sides, Id rather be in the middle, protected from as much as possible. We live in South Florida where driving is the last thing a person actually does when they're behind the wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickchow View Post
I was in your situation too and now have 2 children.

Safety first for my family and children, I would get them the safest and most reliable car with low chance of highway breakdown and good safety shell, so a Toyota SUV of some sort, or a Sienna, or a Toyota truck....then if budget allows, try to keep the m3 or just drive a beater (or your 740i, and if it breaks down, you are not far from home anyways)
The problem with that is we have 11 months of payments left on her A3. To get out of it means rolling more negative equity into a new lease which is what Im trying to avoid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsGary View Post
This, it makes more sense to get rid of the 740i in this case, do you really need a full size sedan? If you want to stick with BMW then the 5 Series should be sufficient as a Mid-Size. If you want "reliability" then just wait till the lease on the A3 ends and lease something bigger, that way you can have the peace of mind of road side assistance with warranty.
I can sell the 740 tmrw, thats not really my concern. Its keeping the E90 or not to get HER into a bigger vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderspider View Post
i don't understand why a car seat won't fit in the A3.
It will fit in the back, on the side which neither myself or my wife want to do. Unfortunately, the stories of a child lost on another BMW forum, from being on the side, is just something we are trying to avoid. Paranoid new parents, I know.