07-01-2020, 08:57 PM   #140
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headhunter.M3 View Post
Ok so I currently have a type R and a e92 m3. It's a joke.. imo the type R is overrated. I am in the process of trading it for an e90 m3. Fwd and no e brake and it definitely heat soaks. Also it wheel hops like crazy when trying to launch and it really is not that fast or fun to drive. If you want a tuner car get an old 335i or is or a wrx sti. If you are out there Honda and you here me, make they Type R rear wheel drive with an E brake and allow me to make the volume louder for my tunes and you will have created one of the best cars in history. Lol

Ok I feel kind of bad. The Type R is a great car. Handles great, etc. But it really is overratted and I think the STI is underrated.
I also had a 2019 type r for a few months. I ordered it without a test drive, as soon as I signed the papers and got in to drive it. I was kind of disappointed and didn't get what all the hype was about. Modded it with HKS coilovers, exhaust, downpipe and a Hondata tune. It still didn't do it for me. The whole time I had it, I was looking for a low miles e9x m3 with the right combo to trade it in for.

Ever since I traded my e60 m5 for a f80 m3 and then a f82 m4 gts. I always wanted to have a e9x m3 in the garage.
Appreciate 0